Dec 17, 2010

I really, really, really, really dislike the new character builder.

Web-based 4E character builder - it stinks.  I'm paying the same for less?  The saying, "Smooth move, ex-lax" comes to mind...complete with my dad's condescending tone.  Now I know how he felt.

Essentials characters...fit awkwardly....into what is now a "custom" party.

If you errata the Rules Compendium - I'll kill 10 kittens and a beagle - I swear it!  Their blood will be on your hands.

RE: DDI in general - I'm leaning towards not renewing my subscription.  Unlike your digital characters, paper ones are yours.  I'm just not seeing enough innovation or even intelligence to make me feel my money is well spent. 

Do you keep your programmers locked in cages or something? 
Do you folks even read your own forums?
Where has the last year gone?

I need a drink.  Game well folks.

5 comments:

Holiday RPGs said...

I have to admit that after looking at it...I have come to the same conclusion. I can just as easily use all the paper books I have and some simple math (when compared to Champions and V&V of the days gone by) and actually create something of mine where the only slowdowns that affect the creation are the group laughing and sharing funny stories about how great they will be or etc...
I agree and laughed at the smooth move statement you used....whole heartedly agree!

MJ Harnish said...

I hear you. The web-based tools were the final straw for us, although the stealth-edition change, unending stream of errata, and piss-poor magazine quality had already convinced me that 4E was no longer a game I wanted to play. I cancalled my DDI subscription in November and have sold 1/3 of the 4E books I had already since our group all but unanimously decided to change our ongoing campaigns over to a FATE based one.

Matt said...

it's like growing up with a cool uncle. one who brings you candy and such, and teaches you secret highfives.

then one day, your other uncle comes over. still a relative- but this one smells a bit like peach-schnapps and is wearing a firebird shirt.

Kraxpelax said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Donny_the_DM said...

@ mr kraxelplax. I enjoy hearing from folks that have something to say, but I will not be link whored without so much as a by-your-leave.

Thank you.