- Aliens. Lots of ugly, nasty, friendly, stereotypical, aliens.
- Guns. at least 50 ways to fling...bouncy balls of yellow light!
- Ship based and ship to ship options. I want to be able to let them travel the stars at will, and still be able to jump them with snub-fighters whenever the sensors guy is sleeping at the wheel. - This is BIG. Most of the systems I have dealt with so far failed miserably in this regard, i.e. dogfights were tedious and boring.
- A rulebook that won't cause spontaneous anheurisms.
- Did I mention the guns had to be REALLY big?
- Playable AI Robots. Humaniform, sentient dump-trucks, concubots, the whole shebang.
Optionally, Mecha and dragons (in mecha suits? hmmmmm.)
I have been eyeing Star Wars: SAGA edition, but haven't met anyone who has played it yet. Soooo, I figured I would turn to the geek elite and see what else is out there.
My concept is a Para-military privateer and "salvage" company helping to police the fringes of known space. Simple, and compelling, as they try to do their jobs in a changing political landscape.
As an aside, and possibly an excellent compromise, is anybody familiar with the CORTEX system? Firefly with a different name might be just what the Dr. ordered.
Or how about WH40K - Dark Heresy? Anybody have some first hand experience with that?
So how about it? What would you reccommend, oh wise and benevolent readers? What universe should my players roam for fun and profit?