Aug 25, 2008

You have got to be kidding me...

4E killed gary gygax...That is simultaneously the most silly and ignorant thing I have heard so far this year. Hats off to whomever came up with the idea, and watch your back, based on the mileage so far, your bones may soon become a new set of dice!

Do it...google 4E killed gary gyax...I dare you!

On the crunchier side, the first "playtest" for the AotLD adventure went well. The party, consisting of a married elven couple (rogue and favored soul), a halfling druid with 400 lb wolf, Elven ranger, and half-orc barbarian (female!).

So far, they managed to shortcut half of my first chapter, and ambushed a bandit camp - trouncing the outmatched bandits, and taking several prisoners. After cashing in, and making points with their guildmasters, they met with a local noble, and are planning their next step. A good time was had by all.

As to the compilation - I'm working on it! lol, this process so far has given me a lot more respect for the folks who do this for a living. There is a tremendous amount of work involved! IT comes along well, thanks to PC/NPC generators, and other cool online tools.

Game on!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to tell them that the half Orc was super hot ;-)

Donny_the_Dm said...

lol, she was pretty hot. lessee here...

...The moonlight shone upon her warty green skin. Her tusks glistened with saliva most sweet. Her dugs swayed massively, as her barrel chest forced out in and out...

I'd mention the smell of stale corn chips from one too many days out in the field, but I think that will do.

Now a CHA 14 Half orc barbarian...

Questing GM said...

I did try '4E killed Gygax' on Google. Now I'm blogging about it.