Aug 28, 2008

So when did YOU become a satanist?

Funny thing is, I can't seem to figure out when I became one. Was it when I first opened the Forgotten Realms Adventures book? Maybe the first time I dared look inside of a DMG? Hmmm...I'll have to do some soul searching here....but I digress.

After reading a funny article (and accompanying video) over at:
http://escapist-rss.livejournal.com/ I did a google search of Thomas Radecki, the name was familiar, but I couldn't place it. The name itself did little but show me he still is all too active in the psychological community. Adding "shamed" to it got me a hit about 3/4 of the way down. The "D&D hall of shame". Seems this Douche named Bill Schenoebelen decided that he would chime in and attempt to sell some more gospel pamphlets, by telling the world how evil and misguided RPG gamers are.

http://www.chick.com/articles/dnd.asp - This is the original article written back in the Pat Pulling days. It obviously references 1st and 2nd edition D&D. I am too angry to properly articulate my feeling on the subject...Maybe later, but I do so hate getting blood and innards all over my guests.

http://www.chick.com/articles/frpg.asp - This is his so called "update" that seems to be during the revised 2nd edition era. Hard to tell for sure. The stupidity continues.

http://www.chick.com/bc/2002/dnd.asp - Finally, he wraps up by telling Christians that if they play D&D, they aren't Christians.

I advise all of you to read these articles. Share them within the community, and ponder them. Somehow, this poor ignorant jackass (I used to be a high witch priest? whatever dude) has gotten his Jesus all mixed up in our business. People pay this man for an his christian wisdom, and get this biased drivel instead. Want to know why the stereotypes and stigmas still exist my friends? It is because of this man and his ilk.

I wish I was articulate enough to dismantle this person. The smugness and such just gall me to no end. I won't even get into his silly "facts" as any of you who read them will know them for the garbage they are.

What do you folks think?

Disclaimer: I am not anti Christian. They taste just like everyone else - chickenish.
Disclaimer II - I am certainly NOT a satanist, regardless of what some hack would have you think.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eh, most folks don't take people like him seriously. It's just funny, IMO.

David said...

I'd have doubts that all that many people read Jack Chick seriously.The people that do probably aren't the people who's opinions matter a bit anyway.

Then again, I've had girlfriends that thought D&D = LARP. But hey, it's not important. Do what you want to do and to hell what others think.

That aside, I'm a Christian and find people like Chick to be idiots. I've never subscribed to the "Christianity is hating everything else"school of thought.

Donny_the_Dm said...

Thank you for coming gentlemen. I agree with both of you. I wish I really knew how many people truly do believe in this crap.

It just pisses me off with all that is going on out there, that someone would intentionally try and sabotage something as great as gaming.

I mean really, summoning REAL demons? Casting REAL hexes? I'm not even going to go into the hooey of "witchcraft" and all that. It just amazes me what some folks will do for a buck, and after visiting europe - that's saying something.

@David - I am very pleased to see a Christian in the hobby. I don't mean to patronize or mock, most of the folks I have gamed with over the years were either atheists or "pagans". It is good to see the barriers coming down.

Jonathan said...

WOhoo! you added the SAVE THE RUST MONSTER grapphic! NICE!